August 21, 2009

Summertime: Living Easy

August has been a sunny month with lots of ripe blueberries in the garden. HG likes to empty his ball bucket, turn it over, and crawl underneath it. Here he is playing a game with his papa.


I was admiring HG's chunkiness the other day and put him on the scale just to see. He weighs 41 pounds! He likes to say, "I grow big and strong." Most of the time, he's so much fun to be around. He speaks in full sentences now, although we can't always understand all of the words. HG loves to read, and this cartoon book, which he enjoys taking off his papa's shelf, really captivates him. I guess HG's good friend, Miss C, loves sour cream as much as HG and I do.














HG got out of the sand box, where he loves to play, to help his papa with a little project. In August, we've got lavatera/mallow and agapanthus blooming in the front yard. Our '91 wagon has given up its garage spot to our new Subaru Forester.