May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Humboldt has named his two wheeler Scrambler. Here's a shot of Bo and Fred back from a ride around the block. We've worked up to me jogging with the dogs alongside Bo on the Hammond Trail; he can go fast, but he still falls occasionally. Below is a photo of Humboldt and pal Peter on the free carousel down the road. Bo always rides his favorite horse, Brave. And I try not to get too dizzy.

Today, Humboldt and I went on a Mothers Day Wildflower Walk at Lanphere Dunes with docents from Friends of the Dunes. We hiked around for over two hours, learning about flowers, sand movement, and coastal forests. Photos below... Thumbs Up, Bearberry or Kinnikinnick, Humboldt Wallflower with Beach Peas, and the elusive Calypso Orchid. Finally, Bo studying the Twinberry. I'm so lucky to have a son who loves nature. When he grows up he wants to be a scientist.