18 happy years...Fred and I celebrated our anniversary this year with an actual date. Humboldt went to a friend's house, and we went to chill by the ocean in Trinidad. Below is a picture from earlier in November - a photo shoot at the beach. Since it's our last year before school pictures, I commemorated Humboldt's 5th birthday with the help of a professional photographer and friend, Eva York. It was not easy getting an excited dog, Chutney, and an energetic boy to pose, but she managed to capture this lovely shot.
Several of the home schoolers at Coastal Grove learned and acted out a story called the Star Grass Man. Humboldt has really enjoyed Tuesday mornings with Miss Jenny. Here he is with an "old lady" and his fellow "star grass man." We are taking a little break from school like everyone else but Humboldt's excited to start some science experiments when we return to our routine.
And lastly, our holiday tradition - attending another performance of the Nutcracker ballet. In the photo are Nyrie, who was not afraid of the rat king this year, and Cora, whose two big sisters performed wonderfully again this year. This is Humboldt's first tie, and I loved how grown up it made him look. I'm sure glad that he still believes in the holiday magic that make this season so much fun.







